Our local farmer’s market is on Sunday mornings. I figured it might be fun to share what I bought and what I want to use it for:
- Tomatoes – Probably some sort of pasta sauce
- Carrots – Good to have on hand. May end up as a vegetable side dish.
- Corn – It’s only the second week that corn was available (it was too picked over last week to buy any). We may eat it on the cob or perhaps in creamed corn.
- Fava Beans – I’ve wanted to try these for awhile and I finally have a chance now that they’re in season. Possibly a side dish or as part of a pasta.
- Cucumbers – These are being turned into Kosher Dill Pickles as we speak (er, type).
- Red Onion Scallions – I like scallions and I like red onions. They intrigued me. I think I might use them in Macaroni & Cheese.
- Mint – For use with the fava beans.
- Dill – For use with the pickles.
- Rosemary – Angela picked out this one. It’s sort of the herb-of-the-week to be used however it fits into a meal.